The most expensive paintings
So how much would you pay to have this picture hanging on your wall?I have to admit it’s not my choice of artwork but someone did think enough of it to pay $148.1 million dollars for this Jackson Pollock’s called”Number. 5.1948″t is as of 2009 stands as the most expensive picture paid for so far.
Next in the list of most paid for painting, is one entitled “Woman 3″ by William de Kooning, it sounds crazy to me but this was bought for a mere $145.4 million Dollars, this is the number two most expensive.
Perhaps a little closer to my liking is the number three most paid for painting “Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I”by Gustav Klimt A snip at $142.8 million Dollars.
This a favourite of many in the top five is a painting by Good old Vincent Van Gogh with his painting “Portrait of Dr. Gachet”, this one you could have got for $134.6 million Dollars.
Vincent Van Gogh Portrait of Dr. Gachet
But I have to go for the painting standing at the number five spot “Bal du Moulin de la Galette” by the very recognizable style of Pierre-Auguste Renoir cheep at half the price for only $127.4 million Dollars.
Maybe I could save up and get myself something to put on my wall one day,? my all-time favourite artist is Monet
So Ill see if I can get hold of a poster of Le dejeuner sur l’herbe.
Maybe I could save up and get myself something to put on my wall one day,? my all-time favourite artist is Monet
So Ill see if I can get hold of a poster of Le dejeuner sur l’herbe.