Last week, whilst watching XFactor, I was entertained by the zaniness of Shirlena Johnson. She was different, and I was attracted by her routine, and her absolute determination to win both the judges and the audience over. Judging by the response, and the know ledge that the judges had put her through to the next round, I was pleased to think I would be seeing more diverse routines by her in the future.
But it is now reported that she has been dropped from the show because she is on medication for depression. This is because she took the death of her father Charles, last year, very badly.
But although she has suffered because of the loss of her father, it hasn’t stopped Shirlena from plucking up the courage to enter X Factor. She so wants to give her 3 year old daughter Mariah a better life, and get away from Whitechapel. I applaud her for this.
If all the people who suffered from stress, and were on medication were not allowed to perform, there wouldn’t be many of them left, because everyone needs a bit of medical help through the bad times. Some people have been been known to appear on TV whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I am not saying this is right, but I do think that Shirlena should be allowed to improve the life of herself and her daughter, because being inspired to do well in X Factor might just be the tonic she needs to get her life back on track. She should not be penalised for being on medication, she should be encouraged and supported for her true grit.
But it is now reported that she has been dropped from the show because she is on medication for depression. This is because she took the death of her father Charles, last year, very badly.
But although she has suffered because of the loss of her father, it hasn’t stopped Shirlena from plucking up the courage to enter X Factor. She so wants to give her 3 year old daughter Mariah a better life, and get away from Whitechapel. I applaud her for this.
If all the people who suffered from stress, and were on medication were not allowed to perform, there wouldn’t be many of them left, because everyone needs a bit of medical help through the bad times. Some people have been been known to appear on TV whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I am not saying this is right, but I do think that Shirlena should be allowed to improve the life of herself and her daughter, because being inspired to do well in X Factor might just be the tonic she needs to get her life back on track. She should not be penalised for being on medication, she should be encouraged and supported for her true grit.